Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research is one of the most esteemed institutions on clinical studies in India. Every year JIPMER conducts its MBBS entrance examination to filter candidates for the medicine course offered here. It’s an all-India based entrance examination with test centers scheduled across the entire country. The JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam is due on June 8.
Are you aspiring to sit for the JIPMER MBBS 2014 examination? Well, the article here presents a brief overview highlighting on the major aspects of the examination.
- As per the stated JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam eligibility criteria, the candidate must be an Indian national or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- The applicant would have to pass or appear at 10 plus 2 exam with Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology/Biology & English as main subjects.
- The candidate has to be minimum 17 years by 31st December, 2014.
The aspiring candidates would have to apply online for JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam. Go to the official website of JIPMER www.jipmer.edu.in to fill up the application form. The application form should be filled and submitted online- there is no need to send the form by post. However, you must take a print out of the form for future reference. JIPMER has already started on with the application procedure for this year. The forms are out online since March 19, 2014 and the last date of application form submission is May 2, 2014.
The application fee for JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam is 1000 INR for General & OBC candidates. In regards to the ST & SC candidates, the application fee is 800 INR. The JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam fee can be paid through Ney Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card.
The 2014 JIPMER MBBS exam involves 200 multiple-choice questions- 40 marks each for English, Zoology, Botany, Physics & Chemistry. It’s an online based examination. There is 1 mark for each correct answer and no scene of negative marking here. The questions of the examination are usually based on the syllabus of Class X & Class XII. The JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam duration is 2:30 hours.
As mentioned earlier, the JIPMER MBBS 2014 exam centers would be spread throughout India. The exam centers here are based in Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Guwahati, Chennai, New Delhi, Nagpur, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Puducherry and New Delhi.
Important dates for JIPMER 2014 MBBS exam are-
- Online application forms were made available from- March 19, 2014
- Last date of submission of online application form- May 2, 2014
- Admit Card download- May 20, 2014.
- Last date of asking for “Request Letter” for revising Status/Category in hall Ticket- June 2, 2014.
- 2014 JIPMER MBBS entrance exam- June 8, 2014
- JIPMER MBBS 2014 entrance exam results to be out on –June 16, 2014
- Seat allotment as per personal appearance- July 10 & 11, 2014
- Issuance of Admission order to selected candidates- July 16, 2014
- Commencement of the course- July 17, 2014.